To celebrate the start of summer, I am giving away two signed copies of City of Refuge
Imagine a world
Where Nature is our greatest teacher
and all beings are honored as sacred.
Hope is alive in the City of Refuge!
In a world that often seems to be upended by chaos, stories that envision a positive future are crucial tools for continuing to keep focused on hope. City of Refuge is a powerful example of that. If you haven’t had a chance to get a copy for yourself yet, head on over to the Facebook post on my author page to enter to win one. Just click like on the Facebook post and comment with your favorite quote from any of my writings and you are entered to win.
Two winners will be chosen by me and notified through Facebook. The contest ends on Friday, July 1st, and is open to anyone residing in the United States or Canada. You can see the official contest rules below.
City of Refuge is available on Amazon as an Ebook or Paperback if you don’t want to wait to see if you won the contest!
Official Contest Rules:
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are able to like and comment on Starhawk’s Facebook Page.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Starhawk as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Friday, June 24th at 3pmPST and ending Friday, July 1st at 8pmPST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by liking and commenting with a quote from Starhawk’s writing on the post on Starhawk’s Facebook Page. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Starhawk.
5. Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a signed, special edition paperback copy of City of Refuge (approximate retail value: $29.95). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Starhawk to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Starhawk. Winner will be notified by Facebook status update within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Starhawk shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content, You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Starhawk from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Starhawk may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Starhawk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Starhawk’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Starhawk may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken by Starhawk. Starhawk reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Starhawk has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Starhawk and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Requests must be received no later than Tuesday, July 12th, 2016.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Starhawk, San Francisco, CA, United States
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Starhawk is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.